Show Notes: Seven Questions With Adam Young
Summary: In this episode, I interview Pastor Adam Young with Part One of “Seven Questions.” Adam is the founding and lead pastor of Element Church in Aurora, Colorado. Adam is married to Alaina, and they have three amazing kids. He has preached from the East Coast to the West Coast of the United States, a number of countries, and on three different continents. Adam has served in churches as the Youth Pastor, College Pastor, Children’s Pastor, and Associate Pastor in Oklahoma and Colorado. Adam is also an adjunct professor at Colorado Christian University. (http://www.ccu.edu/) In his free time, Adam enjoys fishing, hunting, reading, and drinking coffee…
Some Highlights and Links From Today’s Show:
Thoughts about church planting if he was starting today:
- He would not do it without a “core team” of 10 to 20 people who are fully on board from the start.
- He would ask local church pastors to suggest people in their church who could be a part of a “short term” mission team to serve for 6 months or so.
- If you are church planting and your only skill set is preaching, you will be in trouble.
- Get a degree in something outside of ministry to support your family – a business degree or teaching degree to prepare for Church Planting.
- He would start as a “Bi-vocational” Church Planter.
Resources He Is Currently Using In His Church:
Facebook for Church – Streams some services (the message) via “Facebook Live”
Live Q&A texting in the worship service using “PollEverywhere”
Join the conversation on this topic by commenting or leaving questions below. If you have a question that you’d like to have heard on the podcast, record your question, and upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox, Box or some other cloud based site and send the link to Hello@MinistryBackpack.com
Music Provided by “Artist Unknown” – https://artistunknown.bandcamp.com/